White Fish With Citrus & Walnuts
The National Board of Health in Denmark recommends that we eat fish for dinner at least twice a week. This recipe is adapted from Healthy in a Hurry. You can have a restaurant style dinner in less than 30 min. Serve with rice.
- 1 orange or 1 small can of mandarins
- 10 oz / 280 gr white fish (tilapia, sole, cod etc.)
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp walnuts or pecans
- fresh dill, chopped
- Cut the orange into segments. See note below. Or open the can of mandarins.
- Cut the fish in pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Put 1 tsp of butter on a pan and cook the fish over medium heat only for a few minutes. It is done, when it is flaky.
- Put the fish on a serving dish and cover with foil.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan and cook the onions a 2-3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and orange sections with juices and cook a minute more.
- Spoon over the fish and sprinkle with walnuts and dill.
Serve with rice. Toast the nuts for more flavor. If you have leftover fish, then mix it with a bit of mayonnaise and make a sandwich. Yum.