This is a simple dish full of flavour. It requires tender meat and a little planning. But you will come back to this recipe over and over. It’s a keeper!
- 1 ½ lb / 700-800 gr ribeye steak or other well-marbled cut of meat
- 3 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ pear (yes!)
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup / 80 ml soy sauce
- 3 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Roughly chop onion, spring onion and pear, then blend with garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Finely slice the meat. Place in bowl and set aside.
- Pour marinade over meat in a bowl. Stir and cover. Let rest for 1 hour or even over night in the fridge.
- Heat peanut oil in pan and fry over high heat in batches depending on the size of your pan. You want fried, not stewed meat.
- Serve with rice and thinly sliced red bell pepper