Sesame Beef Noodle Salad
I have been neglecting my blog a bit lately with good reason. A new job! It’s a lot of work and a lot of fun. When everything is new, there is just not that much time left over to be creative. Hopefully soon I can devote more time to composing dinners likes this one: quick, simple and full of flavor.
Sesame beef noodle salad
- 1 pound / 450 gr ground beef
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch / 2.5 cm fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsps black sesame seeds
- 400 gr rice noodles
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 small English cucumber
- A handful of fresh cilantro
Topping: soy sauce and salted peanuts
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or skillet and fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant. Then add the ground beef and fry over high heat until brown. Break up the meat as it cooks.
- Meanwhile finely slice the iceberg lettuce and cut the cucumbers.
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and sesame seeds to the meat when browned.
- Cook the rice noodles according to instructions.
- Let each person assemble their own salad to their liking and dress with soy-sauce and salted peanuts.