It’s soup time and we are in transit. I created this salmon chowder about 10 years ago and it’s been a staple ever since. Especially during the cold season. Homy comfort food. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 oz / 450 gr)
- 1 can corn (drained 8 oz / 1 cup / 2.5 dl)
- 4 cups / 1 quart chicken broth (or fish or veggie broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 skinned salmon fillets
- 4 tbsps heavy cream
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut the onion, carrots, bell pepper and potatoes into cubes.
- Heat the oil, then add veggies and paprika and cook for 3-5 min over medium heat.
- Add the broth, tomato, corn, white wine and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10 min until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend with a handheld blender until the soup is smooth, but still chunky.
- Cut the salmon into cubes and add to the soup. The salmon will cook in a few minutes.
- Add cream, season with soy sauce and salt.
- Serve hot.
4 thoughts on “Salmon Chowder”
Hey K,M and V. What’s not to like? Keep trying, they will learn to like it eventually. Just kidding. Glad some of you enjoyed it 🙂
Derrick, Samantha and I LOVED it! I will make it again.
🙂 I know you’ll like it.
Receiving your latest recipes feels like you’re still down the street. 🙂
I love salmon, I must try this chowder!