Roasted Root Vegetables
Fall is in the air – and it is time to add squash and pumpkin to your food. So simple, so colorful and so seasonal. Not to mention super good for you. An all time fall favorite.
- Butternut squash (or other eg. hokkaido pumpkin)
- Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
- Peel and cut the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Put in an oven proof dish, toss with a little olive oil and bake for 45-50 min.
- When baked sprinkle with walnuts, goat cheese and parsley. Season with salt & pepper.
- I like to drizzle just a bit of akacia honey on top.
Add other root vegetables eg parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes. Try another herb.
3 thoughts on “Roasted Root Vegetables”
Glad to hear that!
I’ve been making this for my family a couple times a week. It’s a perfect winter side dish.