May the best man win – and he did. Congrats Obama!!
So this was tonite’s dinner. It will go straight to the list of simple weekday dinners with little prep time. I collect recipes like this more than ever now. A full time job doesn’t leave much time to play around in the kitchen.
You can easily adjust the recipe. Use 2 eggs and 1 large potato per person.
- 4 large potatoes
- A chunck of good quality bacon
- 2 leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsps heavy cream, optional
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- Cut the bacon into cubes and fry in a heat proof frying pan.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes and add to the bacon.
- Finely slice the leeks and the garlic. Add to the potatoes.
- Fry for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt & pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and add cream, if using.
- Pour the eggs over the potatoes and place the frying pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until set in the center.
Serve with greens – and hot sauce! You may also like this tortilla omelette.
1 thought on “Potato Omelette”
This is a similar dish my mom used to make for us growing up!! My kids love it! 🙂