Gnocchi With Chopped Pesto
Give pasta a break and have a gnocchi dinner or side dish. Gnocchis are dumplings made from potato and semolina flour. Cook 1 or 2 packs of gnocchi depending on whether you plan to eat this meal as a side dish or main entree with salad. Make extra if you want to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Adjust the pesto accordingly and use the suggested herbs, the classic basil or the ones you happen to have in your fridge. You can’t go wrong.
TIP By the way, you don’t need a food processor or blender to make your own pesto. Simply chopping it works just as well.
- Pine nuts
- Lemon zest and juice
- Olive oil
- Garlic, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Chop the herbs and pine nuts and set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi according to instructions, app 7-8 min.
- Zest and juice the lemon, grate the parmesan.
- When the gnocchi is done, drain and put in serving bowl.
- Dress with olive oil, herbs, pine nuts, lemon and parmesan.
- Season and serve.