A simple meal before the big christmas dinner tomorrow. Barleyotto with butternut squash, red onions and toasted almonds for crunch. I didn’t measure anything, so here are just a few guidelines. Happy holidays!
If you make too much pearl barley, then cool it in the frige and make this tasty and filling barleyotto breakfast.
- Pearl barley
- Butternut squash
- Red onion
- Toasted almonds
- Heavy cream
- White vinegar
- Olive oil
- Boil pearl barley according to instructions.
- Cut and slice butternut squash, red onion and garlic. Cook on a pan with olive oil until tender.
- Toss the butternut squash and red onions with the cooked barley and add a splash of whipped cream and a dash of vinegar. Stir while heating briefly in a pot.
- Season, sprinkle with coarsely chopped almonds and serve.
- If you must have meat, then serve with sliced chicken.
Coming up soon rice krispie bars with baobab powder – a new (to me) powerful super food.