What a wonderful surprise! In the back of my local Farmers Market, there was a guy with fresh fish this weekend. Fish guy may have been there before, but today I saw him for the first time. He had all kinds of domestic and exotic fish put away on ice in big white containers. I took a good look and came across this beautiful piece of sashimi grade ahi tuna and some seaweed salad to go with it. My happy day. This is how I put it together:
- 11 oz / 300 gr ahi tuna
- 2 cups / 5 dl mixed greens
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green onion
- About 1/2 cup / 120 ml green seaweed salad
- 1 tbsp black sesame, optional
- 1 tsp sesame oil for frying
Wasabi soy dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste
- Salt & pepper
- Wash the greens, slice the cucumber, finely cut the green onion.
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and arrange salad on individual plates.
- Top with seaweed salad and black sesame seeds, if using.
- Sear the tuna over medium-high heat in sesame oil for 1 1/2 min each side. Done! Season with salt & pepper.
- Slice the tuna and serve on top of the salad.
- A slice of heaven – for me 🙂
Serves 2 for dinner or a family of 5 as an appetizer
Add edamame if serving for dinner.