Here is a salad with familiar flavors in a new setting. It’s filling enough for a meal, but also goes well with chicken, if you need meat. Any leftovers will make you happy for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1 large pear
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml crumbled blue cheese
- A good handful of arugula
- Cook the barley according to instructions.
- Cut the pear into small cubes.
- Coarsely chop the roasted walnuts (roasting 350F/175C for 10 min).
- Throw everything together when the barley has cooled (quick cool by rinsing with cold water).
- Dress with this mustard vinaigrette. Season with salt & pepper.
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1.5 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Shake everything in a jar.