This is a cooling repost from a hot day in Los Angeles not too long ago:
If you have been looking for a sweet, healthy, refreshing treat in the heat – well look no further. These watermelon strawberry popsicles must be your answer. If you need instant gratification, because the temperatures are way up there (read 100sF/40sC) or you are in the mood, well then you don’t even have to freeze them. It is an equally amazing smoothie.
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 8 0z / 150 gr frozen strawberries
- 12 0z / 350 ml water
- 2 tbsps acacia honey
- Wooden sticks
- Ice cream molds or small paper cups
- Cut the watermelon into chunks and blend with the water until smooth.
- Strain the watermelon juice to get rid of the seeds and pour back into the blender. Skip this step, if using a seedless watermelon.
- Add the frozen straberries and agave nectar and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to your taste and enjoy over ice or pour the strawberry watermelon juice into ice cream molds and freeze.
- Set your timer for about 30-45 min, then add the wooden sticks to the popsicles and freeze for another 4 hrs or overnight.
Yields 5 cups / 1.25 liter
If you don’t have ice cream molds, be creative and use small glasses or other little containers. I used 3 oz bath cups.