Carrot Muffins With Applesauce
These muffins don’t look like anything special, but honestly one is not enough. Each moist bite is bursting with spices and subtle sweetness. Really, really good – and good for you – any time of day. Definitely a keeper!
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup / 110 gr softened butter
- ½ cup / 1,25 ml acacia honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup/ 250 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk them together.
- In a large bowl mix the butter, honey, egg and vanilla together and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the applesauce and carrots using a spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the muffin tops are golden brown.