Very Nutty Macaroons With Chocolate Ganache
Here is an easy, tasty alternative to an overly sweet store bought cookie. Don’t forget almonds are really good for you 🙂 The recipe is inspired by this appetizing book showcasing recipes from one of Boston’s best bakeries.
Special equipment: Food processor
- 3 cups / 450 gr almonds
- 1 cup / 200 gr sugar
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml agave nectar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until ground.
- Add the sugar and pulse a few times just until the sugar is incorporated.
- Then add agave nectar, egg whites, almond extract and salt.
- Pulse just until combined.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dump rounds of batter with a large teaspoon, wet your fingers and flatten each cookie a bit. You should have 40-50 cookies depending on your size.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cookies are light golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool off on the baking sheet, otherwise they will stick to the parchment paper.
- Assemble with ganache filling and voila very nutty macaroons…
- 4 oz / 115 gr dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml heavy cream
- Heat the cream and take it off the heat just before boiling.
- Pour over the chopped chocolate and stir gently until the chocolate melts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set a side until cool. If making the same day then refrigerate.
Store in an airtight container for 3 days or up to a week in the fridge.
Yields 20-25 nutty macaroons