If you stop by my friend Angela’s house around lunch time, there is a pretty good chance, this is what she will offer you for lunch. We both love it and lunch doesn’t get much healthier. But. It comes with a warning: Do not serve this for men! We have both had pretty bad luck in that regard 🙂
- 4 cups kale
- 3 large carrots
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml feta cheese
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml roasted sunflower seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely diced shallot, optional
- Remove the stem from the kale, then break or cut into pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Then finish the salad by adding the feta cheese, sunflower seeds and shallots, if using.
- Squeeze the lemon, drizzle with olive oil, give it a good stir and sprinkle with salt.
Serves 2 for lunch or 4 as a side for dinner