Frozen Mounds Bar
It has been a rich summer. Rich in sun, rich in good food & wine and most importantly rich in quality time with family and friends. Frozen mounds bar – or bounty as they are called here in the Nordics – has been one of my preferred cool treats. It is low in sugar and high in deliciousness.
- 1/2 can of coconut milk – only the fat (discard the water or use for something else)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 5 1/4 oz / 150 gr shredded coconut
- 2 tbsps acacia honey or other sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 5 1/4 oz / 150 gr 70% chocolate
- Melt the coconut fat and the coconut oil with the sweetener.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and shredded coconut and stir gently to combine.
- Prepare a small square cake pan with plastic wrap. Press the coconut firmly into the pan.
- Cool in the fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Chop and melt the chocolate. I usually melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Cut into desired shapes and dip in the melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge. Delicious both room temp, cool or frozen.