If you ever have brown spotted bananas in your kitchen, it doesn’t take much effort to turn them into this:
- 2 cups / 5 dl flour
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml ground or chopped nuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml oil
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium -size bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Mix dry ingredients incl. nuts if using.
- Mix wet ingredients except bananas and beat well. Add bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and bake for app. 40 minutes.
Yields 1 loaf
Substitute the bananas for 1 cup or 2 1/2 dl applesauce. Add 1/4 cup or 3/4 dl chocolate chips or more. Bake as muffins instead of a loaf. Makes 24 muffins.