Phyllo Pie With Salmon & Broccoli
This was a quick shot, but I want to share it with you anyway, because the pie is so cool looking and simple to make. The next time I make phyllo pie, I may take a better picture.
So here is how I put the phyllo dough from the freezer to good use.
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 boneless salmon fillets, skin off
- 2 cups / 5 dl of broccoli florets
- 4 large eggs
- Some melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 C/190 F.
- Use a spring form cake pan, so you can easily remove the pie when done.
- Brush the spring form with melted butter and layer with phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with a thin layer of melted butter.
- Steam the broccoli florets a few minutes, then strain well.
- Cut the salmon fillets into big chunks.
- Place salmon and broccoli in the pie and simply crack the eggs on top.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are done.
This is not a spicy pie, so serve with chive cream and a good dash of tabasco sauce.
- Sour cream with finely chopped chives seasoned with lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, salt and pepper.
You may also like these sweet recipes with phyllo dough.