Mexican Chocolate Muffins
I got the idea for these muffins last night after dinner. I then watched the movie “Inception“, which is pretty thought-provoking and impressive. Crazy wild special effects. Well, the idea of a naturally sweetened chocolate muffin with a hint of cinnamon stuck in my mind. So this morning after dropping off the gang, I went to work in the kitchen. I am embarrased to share with you how many I have eaten already. Let’s just say that I am pleased with the result:
Muffin pan or muffin cups
- 1 3/4 c /275 gr flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 oz / 50 ml agave nectar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup / 240 ml milk
- 3 oz / 90 gr butter, melted
- 1/2 cup / 75 gr chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and whisk them well.
- Put all the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips last.
- Divide dough into greased muffin pan and bake for 15-20 min.
5 thoughts on “Mexican Chocolate Muffins”
HaHa. LoL 🙂 How can I ever forget now!?!?
I had the privilage to eat some of these muffins that came right from Stine’s oven. I hope when my neighbor and friend makes them, she will remember how much I loved them.
Thanks! Next lesson up: challah bread…
Oh I do remember this recipe and what a special treat and honor to have you in my kitchen making these delicious muffins. This is a great and easy recipe. I made it a little fancy with chocolate ganache on top 🙂