I came up with this recipe not too long ago. The kids in my house have a tendency to request cinnamon buns quite often. So one day I figured I would try to create a more sophisticated version of a rolled bun – here they are. I serve them for brunch or grab one with my afternoon tea. Now that the weather is warming up, I will be taking these for a picnic too. They also freeze well. I made a healtier version of the cinnamon buns as well. I will post that tomorrow.
- 7 oz / 200 ml milk
- 1 tbsp instant yeast / 50 gr bakers yeast
- 3.5 oz / 100 gr butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp zest from organic lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pound and 1 oz / 500 gr flour
- ½ cup / 120 ml goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 medjool dates, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup / 120 ml walnuts, chopped
- Pour milk and yeast into a big bowl and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead until the dough is smooth and pliable.
- Cover the dough and let rest for about 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Put a little flour on the counter top to avoid sticking and roll out the dough to a rectangle app 18″x12″ or 45 x 30 cm.
- Spread the filling evenly onto the dough.
- Roll into a log and cut into pieces app 3/4″ or 2 cm wide.
- Put in greased muffin pan. Bake for 12-14 min.