Blueberry Oat Muffins
These are delicate healthy muffins loaded with oatmeal, yoghurt and powerberries aka blueberries. Perfect way to start your day or for a quiet moment to recharge your batteries in the middle of the day…It took 5 batches to get this one right, so enjoy 🙂
Speciel equipment: Muffin pan or cups
- 1 cup / 240 ml flour
- 1 cup / 24o ml rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp gr. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 0z / 85 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml honey
- 1 cup / 240 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup /180 ml blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a big bowl and whisk it together.
- Put all the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and whisk them too.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix gently until almost completely combined, then add the blueberries. Don’t overwork the batter.
- Divide the batter in the greased muffin pan and bake for 15-20 min.
- These muffins are very light in texture, so leave them in the muffin pan or cups for 1-2 minutes before removing to cool off.
TIP I like to use an ice cream scoop, when I put the muffin batter into the pan or cups. 1 scoop of the # 30 size equals exactly 1 muffin.