If you don’t know what to do with rhubarbs? Or if you have already had your share of rhubarb pies and crumbles this season, well how about turning the red stalks into an amazing and cooling drink?
Rhubarb Vanilla Syrup
- 1 lb 2 oz / 500 gr rhubarb stalks
- 1 quart / 1 liter water
- 6 3/4 oz /2 dl cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Wash the stalks and chop the rhubarbs into small bites.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise into two halves and scrape out the seeds.
- Add everything to a pot: water, rhubarbs, cane sugar, vanilla seeds and the two halves of vanilla pod.
- Bring to a simmer and let the syrup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool for about an hour before straining.
- Bottle and store in the fridge for up to one month or use right away.
- You may want to thin the syrup a bit with water before you enjoy it ice cold.
Add a splash of rhubarb vanilla syrup to club soda, sparkling wine or even Champagne for a refreshing summer drink…