Organic canned pumpkin was what I used for these treats. When I read on the nutrition facts on the back of the can that Vitamin A is way up there with 280% per serving (of the daily values, you know, pretty impressive). Well, then I packed the whole can of pumpkin into these muffins and my kids still loved them.
Speciel equipment: Muffin pan or cups
- 2 cups / 5 dl flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsps pumpkin spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
- 1 tsp gr cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz / 425 gr canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml agave syrup
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Sift all the dry ingredients incl. the spices together in a large bowl.
- Grab a medium sized bowl and combine the pumkin, agave syrup, oil and egg .
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir only until everything is moist.
- Divide the dough into 12 muffin cups or a greased muffin tray.
- Sprinkle with the topping and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Pepita crumble topping
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml cane sugar
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml flour
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 oz / 50 gr butter, cold
- Pinch of salt
- Chop the pumpkin seeds coarsely.
- Stir the dry ingedients together with the seeds.
- Cut the cold butter into pieces and crumble into the mixture. See below what it looks like:
If you think that may be pushing it with the pumpkin, then try cutting it in half and adding 1 more egg. Try pecan nuts in the topping instead of the pumpkin seeds.