A new omega-rich family favorite. The salmon cakes cook up in no time and the combination of flavors is like en express trip to the far east.
Salmon cakes de luxe
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- 2 green onions
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp neutral oil or butter for frying
- 4 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps wasabi or to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- Whisk all ingredients and set aside.
- Chop the salmon fillets and transfer to a bowl. Chop the scallions and add with the minced ginger, egg and sesame oil. Stir gently to combine.
- Prepare a skillet with oil or butter and heat over medium heat for about 1 minute before dropping spoonfuls of salmon cakes. They are both loose and moist, but will hold together just fine as soon as the bottom side is cooked. It only takes 2-3 minutes.
- Turn and cook another 3 minutes on the other side. Remove from the skillet.
- Poor the wasabi sauce onto the pan and cook for 10 seconds, then poor over the cooked salmon cakes and serve immediately.
I serve the salmon cakes with rice and a simple salad.