I found this recipe at the Danish blog koekkendagbog who was inspired by Orangette who first tasted the oat pancakes at an old Inn in Pennsylvania. It is a recipe worth passing on. So now you know. But what you really need to know is: this is the simplest and healthiest pancake recipe ever.
- 2 cups / 5 dl oats
- 2 cups / 5 dl buttermilk
- ½ cup / 1.25 dl flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamom
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz / 50 gr butter, melted + more for frying
- Soak the oats in buttermilk for minimum 20 minutes or even overnight.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them together.
- Add the eggs and the melted butter to the soaked oats and stir well.
- Then add the dry ingredients and stir until there are no dry spots.
- Fry a few minutes on each side in a greasy skillet. 1 tablespoon batter makes 1 pancake.
Yields 40 small pancakes