My hungry husband is going thru a prosciutto phase. So I wanted to create a new setting for his favorite snack. This is the result. A green salad with crisp prosciutto, smooth mozarella, fresh figs and crunchy croutons drizzled with a maple balsamico dressing. While we enjoyed the salad for dinner, it occured to me that it would also make a great sandwich or pizza…soon to come!
- 1 large or 2 small heads of romaine lettuce
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto
- 1 cup / 240 ml mozarella pieces
- 4-5 fresh figs
- 2 cups / 5 dl croutons
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C and bake the prosciutto for 5-7 min, then drain on paper towel.
- Cut the romaine lettuce, the mozarella and the figs.
- Arrange all the ingredients in a big bowl and prepare the dressing below.
Maple balsamico dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamico
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients together.