I like Mexican food. A lot. It is fresh, fast and flavorful. This salsa was inspired by the state of my refrigerator and the stir fry beef was spiced Mexican style. Serve with corn or flour tortillas and maybe a few lime wedges on the side. Buen provecho!
- 1/2 of one cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 can corn
- 1-2 green onions, minced
- Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Chop and mix all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Make the dressing by shaking or whisking the olive oil, lime juice, ground cumin, honey, salt & pepper. Pour over the salsa and mix well.
- 1 pound beef for stir fry
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Chop the onion and heat the oil in a medium size skillet or wok.
- Add spices and cook for 1 min, then add the chopped onion and cook for another 2-3 min. Last add and cook the meat. It should be cut into strips and will cook pretty fast. Check for doneness after 3-4 min.