This is a classic Mexican corn salad with lime, olive oil and cumin dressing. You can add roasted vegetables and queso fresco (fresh cheese) or feta cheese. The first time I had it, was 2 years ago when my Italian neighbor brought it over for a Mexican bbq we hosted. It was love at first bite.
- 4 ears of corn or 2 cups / 5 dl frozen corn
- 1 small red peber, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 – 1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp for frying
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (app 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pepper to taste
- Cut corn kernels from the cobs and fry them in 1 tbsp olive oil until tender. App 5 min.
- Chop red peber, onion, jalapeno and cilantro and put in a medium sized bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining olive oil, lime, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Gently stir everything together when the corns have cooled slightly.
You can add crumbled feta cheese or fresh cheese. Substitute cilantro with parsley, if cilantro is not your thing. Leftovers can be turned into a tasty salad by adding greens, tomatoes, avocado and beans.