This cous cous salad takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and it is fresh, light and summery. I serve it with lamb, white fish or chicken. I eat it as a lunch salad as well.
- 10 oz / 280 gr whole wheat cous cous
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml dried figs, cut in quarts
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml golden raisins
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml almonds, slivered
- Fresh mint
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 organic lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cook cous cous according to instructions. App 5 min.
- Meanwhile chop the mint and the figs.
- When cous cous is done, fluff with a fork and dress with lemon juice, zest and olive oil.
- Mix in figs, raisins, almonds and mint. Enjoy!
Eat warm or cold. Substitute figs with apricots. Substitute almonds with pine nuts. Add fresh figs when in season.